Avocet Staffing are looking for an experienced Registered Manager to work with our client in Surbiton
My client is a provider of residential and short break care for children aged 8 -18 years old. They specialise in working with children with autism and learning disabilities.
Established in 2011 they have grown quickly, creating 2 specially adapted homes in south west London and each house is staffed by a team of experienced, dedicated and fully trained support workers.
The setting, which opened in September 2011, is lovingly maintained, specially adapted detached property situated on a main road in a quiet residential area. There is accommodation for up to seven children and young people both males and females with learning disabilities, autism and challenging behaviour.
This is an excellent opportunity to become a Registered Manager of a residential home which provides care for children with autism and learning disabilities. The home is currently awarded with a Good rating by Ofsted.
- Required education - Level 5 Diploma or NVQ Level 5 Children and Young People's Workforce
- Good understanding of the children’s home regulations.
- Experience managing a home with children or young adults with autism and multiple learning disabilities, who may display challenging behaviour
- Desirable: 2 years’ experience working as an Ofsted registered manager.
- Minimum 3 years or more of experience working as a Deputy Manager in children’s residential care and 6 years of working in a similar support environment
- Good written and spoken English
- Good computer skills – Fully proficient in windows office and emails.
- Experience and ability to with a range of young people’s needs including learning disabilities and challenging behaviour.
- Ability to lead and work as part of a team to create a positive and successful culture.
- Ability to provide consistency of care and support to the young people
- Experience of working with external professional and holding multidisciplinary meetings at all levels
- Experience of leading safeguarding.
- Team Leading – supervising and line managing.
- Meeting regulations, company policy and health and safety requirements for a registered children’s home.
- Running a successful staff team and all day to day operations of the home
- Ensuring the highest standards of care in relation to the children's physical, behavioural and emotional needs.
- Supporting young people to achieve outstanding outcomes. To engage in their favourite things and try new activities at home and also outdoor activities. These include swimming and going on annual vacation.
- Providing high quality care to young people (including personal care)
Benefits for you:
- Bonus structure based on performance. – Ofsted, occupancy and staff turnover.
- Opportunity to work for a well-known care organisation
- Fully funded induction and in-house training
- Pension Scheme
- Funded diploma qualifications
- Excellent opportunity for develop within a growing company
- Loyalty bonus scheme – Additional AL and Bonus.
- Full access to 100s of savings and offers available to staff including through the company benefit scheme (½ price cinema tickets, 6 % off 20,000 high-street shops, Free Mobile Insurance, Free Tastecard, Save over £300 per year on an Oyster card.)
This job description acts as a guide to the functions of the job holder and is subject to relevant review and appropriate modification.
Avocet Staffing are acting as a recruitment company on behalf of our client.