A well-established and respected care organisation that specialises in working with young people with challenging behaviour and a range of associated needs is currently looking for a Registered Care Manager for their new children's home in Godstone.
The successful candidate will have at least two years' experience as a Children's Home Manager working with children with emotional behavioural difficulties. This is a new home registered for 6 beds.
Registered Care Manager - Responsibilities
- To ensure that the children and young person’s primary and developmental needs are priority by working to develop a strong caring ethos
- Set in place procedures and processes within current government regulations and company policies, which ensure that all unit staff have a good knowledge and understanding of legal and registration requirements and are working to ensure that all National Care Standards are met to an exceptional level.
- Manage the physical resources of the home in line with legal, Inspection & registration guidelines / requirements and company policies.
- Instruct & guide staff, through clearly laid out procedures to exercise responsible control over the children in order to ensure their health & safety and to facilitate the children’s sense of responsibility and morals.
- Manage and be responsible for the financial resources of the home, incorporating business management, budgeting and target setting. Directing and delegating as appropriate.
- Establish, monitor and evaluate clear child protection procedures in line with the Protection of Children Act and Company policies.
- Liaise with social workers, schools, therapists and other professionals as required, in order to represent the child’s needs or wishes if they are unable to do so themselves or to advise and facilitate them in raising wishes or complaints with the appropriate people, either personally or through delegated members of your staff team.
- Other duties available on request
- Two year's min experience as a Registered Home Manager working with children with emotional behavioural difficulties.
- Relevant childcare/social care qualifications (ideally working towards Level 5 in Leadership and Management)
- Experience managing a team and knowledge of management theories
- Up to date knowledge of Childcare and Child Protection laws
- Tolerance and resilience
- Professional assertiveness
The salary will start on £42,000 p.a. with the successful candidate being eligible for a performance based bonus after successful completion of the probation period.
40 hours per week, Monday to Friday inclusive of on-call duties.