CANDIDATES MUST BE FROM A LOGSITICS/FREIGHT FORWARDING BACKGROUND
Regional Health & Safety Manager - VR/21012
The Company & Role of the Regional Health & Safety Manager:
Our client, a leading independent logistics and trade management provider in Northampton, is looking for a Regional Health & Safety Manager to join their team. Base location will be Northampton as this is more central and they will provide a slightly more dedicated role there, however supporting other sites, regular travel and nights away will be required approximately 1 -2 per week.
Overall Responsibilities of the Regional Health & Safety Manager:
· Work with local authorities on building a positive partnership.
· Work with local authorities and the HSE on any enforcement activity, ensuring the best outcome.
· Ensure that appropriate design assessments are developed, and significant findings acted on appropriately for all projects, builds, materials and equipment.
· Ensure that systems and procedures reflect current changes in legislation and thinking reflects current enforcement initiatives.
· Work with Group insurance, legal counsel on developing and maintaining systems and procedures that assist with any EL & PL claims.
· Interpret Health, safety and environmental law that affects the company and its Group of Companies and ensures legal compliance.
· Gauge compliance levels by conducting audits and inspections where required.
Experience Required of the Regional Health & Safety Manager:
· Highly preferable: NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent and NEBOSH Fire Certificate.
· NEBOSH Certificate general.
· Must have a good general level of education.
· Broad knowledge of Uniserve Group business activities / goals.
· Broad knowledge of Warehousing and Distribution / transport and logistics.
· Broad knowledge of and or qualification in: Noise / nuisance and control - Environmental protection / Air pollution / pest infestation and disease - Enforcement.
· Understanding of Health and Safety law as applicable to Warehousing, Distribution.
· Project Management experience.
If you’re interested in the role of Regional Health & Safety Manager and would like to apply, please email our Shipping Team on email@example.com