Our client are an ambitious building contractor who specialise in New Build, Refurbishment and Property Development based on Merseyside. Due to a number of recent successful tenders, they now have a strong order book for the next few years and are in need of an experienced Quantity Surveyor with a good track record in Construction projects to help ensure that the projects are commercially successful and run efficiently as possible.
The responsibilities for the successful candidate will be:
- Identifying, analysing and developing responses to commercial risks;
- Preparing and analysing costings for tenders;
- Preparing tender and contract documents, including bills of quantities with the architects and/or the client;
- Undertaking cost analysis for repair and maintenance project work
- Performing risk, value management and cost control;
- Advising on procurement strategy
- Allocating work to sub-contractors
- Providing advice on contractual claims
- Analysing outcomes and writing detailed progress reports
- Valuing completed work and arrangement payments
- Understanding the implications of health and safety regulations
To be considered for the position, applicants must have the following skills or experience:
- Strong track record in the Construction Industry
- Ability to effectively manage work load and complete work to high standard with allotted time scale
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Relevant Quantity Surveying / Construction specific qualifications
- Formal qualifications (Bsc/HND) would be an advantage
In return they will be offering a market leading salary, company car and generous annual leave and pension allowances.
For more detail, please mark your application for the attention of David Stevens, email your CV to david.stevens@bcsrecruitment .co.uk or call the office on 01543-629-090.
Bespoke Civils Solutions Ltd is a sector specific recruitment business and recruits blue and white collar personnel to environments such as Highways & Traffic Management, Land Remediation & Preparation, Earthworks, Drainage, Utilities & Infrastructure, Power & Sub Stations, Oil & Gas, Land Fill & Quarries.