A global manufacturer is looking to strengthen the Quality function.
Candidates must have experience in a similar role and be able to demonstrate maintaining quality standards through strong leadership and hands on problem solving skills. You will be an effective communicator and have experience of resolving internal production problems, driving improvements through external suppliers and monitoring the effectiveness of counter measures.
An ability to read complex component drawings and experience of best practice measurement methods on precision components is necessary. Knowledge of different manufacturing processes such as plastic injection moulding, pressure die-casting and metal pressing would be advantageous. An understanding of ISO 9001:2015 and experience in auditing is also desirable
Reporting to the Quality Manager you will:
- Lead, co-ordinate and report on quality problem investigations (product, system, process etc.) utilising appropriate department staff, support departments and problem solving techniques.
- Monitor quality results and trends and introduce improvement activities to reduce defects in line with business targets
- Act as a principle interface with suppliers on all component quality matters
- Audit process compliance and counter measure effectiveness
- Undertake internal department audits
- Conduct supplier audits within the UK and European Union
- Strong interpersonal skills to liaise and negotiate directly with other departments and suppliers
- Self-starter with willingness to take the initiative and be proactive
- Worked in a fast paced engineering/manufacturing environment
- Hold a recognised engineering qualification
- Have an excellent understanding of spreadsheets and word processing
- Have knowledge of ISO9000 and experience of carrying out internal and external auditing
You must be a motivated individual, who has the drive and tenacity to prioritise and resolve problems quickly. A ‘can do’, hands on approach with a high standard of integrity and professionalism with the adaptability to change, and be able to lead and act with authority is required for this key position.
- Opportunity to have two bonuses per year, subject to an appraisal and the performance of the Company. Please note bonus payments are discretionary.
- Holiday - 31 days (8 bank holidays, plus 23 annual days). This will rise to an extra 2 annual days holiday after 3 complete holiday years of service and a further one day after 5 complete holiday years of service).
- Pension Scheme - Contributory pension scheme - auto-enrolled after 3 months service. Employee pays 5% and the Company pays 3%.
- Life Assurance - 4 x annual salary
- Plenty of car parking.
- Cash Healthcare Plan - after 6 months service
- Subsidized canteen on site.
Hours of work:
Our hours of work are 39 hours per week, Monday to Thursday - 8.00 am to 5.15 pm and 8.00 am to 11.50 pm on Fridays (paid until 12.00 noon).
Salary: Up to £32K (DOE)