The job holder will be responsible for developing and implementing the quality policy and objectives within Company.
Main processes include thermoforming, press machine, lamination and sewing / finishing department, using these processes we convert a variety of materials but mainly Foam/fabric/plastics.
This will be a new role in our busy design and manufacturing facility, some key responsibilities will be:
- Up keeping, reviewing and improving our current ISO9001:2008 system to meet external audit for ISO9001:2015
- Introducing work instruction and standardisation (SOPs) across the factory – from goods inwards right through to despatch.
- Collating agreed KPIs and performance targets.
- Focus on the reduction of the cost of non-quality and the reduction of internal and external defects using APQP,PPAP etc..
- It will also involve communication with customers and suppliers and reporting to the directors and production manager.
- Continual Improvement of current working practises.
- Support new product introduction into the manufacturing process through the development of project Quality Plans
- Staff training on quality and work instruction where required.
- FAI – first article inspections for customer specific criteria and AS9100
We are looking for a person to fit in with our business style with a “can do” approach to quality with excellent problem solving skills and a background in engineering and/or manufacturing assembly.
- Have experience working to ISO9001:2015 and developing management systems.
- Hold a recognised Quality qualification i.e. Chartered Quality Institute Diploma or similar.
- Skilled at writing and have evidence to show development of work instructions / SOPs.
- Ideally an engineering background with excellent problem solving skills.
- Skilled in both oral and written communication
- Skilled in Microsoft Office, particularly Word and Excel