Design and Project Manager
Location: West Sussex
Permanent, full Time
Salary: 40K – 45K basic
Due to recent investment and ongoing expansion we have a fantastic opportunity for a Design and Project Manager. Our client design buildings independently or work with architects as each project is individual and bespoke to their customers, so proven experience within construction will be essential.
This role will be reporting to the Managing Director and as the Design and Project Manager your responsibilities will include:
- Acting as the link between the sales, design and project teams and managing the design workflow internally (this includes assigning and scheduling design work from concept to production drawings, drawing sign off, checking drawings for accuracy and managing correct versions are used in the workflow)
- Liaising with architects, structural engineers, planning departments and internal design team to ensure work is submitted to relevant departments/contractors, progressed in a timely manner and details are not missed
- Liaising with clients and the sales team to ensure seamless communication flow about major design changes, requests for structural calculations, price adjustments following design changes etc.
- Developing and implementing design guidelines and promoting best practice
- Helping in producing estimates and valuations for individual projects, recalculating costs following changes
Building project management:
- Running and managing weekly production meetings, including reporting on each project.
- Ensuring all teams are on track to deliver each project on time.
- Checking off materials lists and schedules for each project and liaising with operations to ensure these are translated into purchase orders in a timely manner
- Tracking project progress from start to completion, including purchasing, manufacture scheduling, site deliveries
- Cost tracking and pricing additional works if required
- Monitoring and advising the workforce on all aspects of the build
- Site visits as required
For this Construction Design and Project Manager role we will be looking for the following skills and experience:
- Proven significant experience in design and construction/building project management and project cost tracking
- Relevant construction or project management qualification (Prince 2)
- Thorough understanding of architectural drawings and building design
- Basic working knowledge of CAD, good knowledge of Excel and any project management packages
- Excellent interpersonal and client facing skills
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Proactive attitude and exceptional team leadership skills