You will take ownership of commercial and high-end residential construction projects from award to practical completion.
Ensuring that the construction and supporting works are efficiently planned and managed in order to deliver projects to an agreed programme, quality and cost-plan whilst ensuring that the Employers requirements and desires are satisfied in full.
Skills and experience required:
· Have project management experience in a similar role with either main/principle contractor
· Competent and confident in technical aspects of design
· Good understanding of the building process and construction methods and interface between trades
· Excellent planning and organisational skills
· Ability to read and interpret drawings
· Good IT skills, including the use of Microsoft Excel, Outlook, Word and Project. Experience of using document management systems (eg '4projects') would be advantageous
· A strong team player with excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to build lasting, successful relationships with colleagues, clients, subcontractors and other personnel
· An analytical approach to challenges and a positive approach to problem solving
· Possesses a great attention to detail, accurate and numerate
· Construction related qualification, e.g. Degree (preferred) or NVQ level 3 or equivalent. In the absence of formal qualifications, applicants who can demonstrate extensive appropriate experience will be considered
· SMSTS- Site Management Safety Training Scheme
· Appropriate CSCS card (black card preferred)
· HABC Level 2 Award in Emergency First Aid at Work (preferred)