Our client based in Towcester is looking for a full time Project Control Officer to join their project management team to provide detailed financial forecasting and reconciliation support for Engineering departments and the portfolio of NPI projects being developed and delivered in the UK.
Working within Engineering you will work with the lead engineers and the project managers to accurately account for actual spend verses budgeted spend and ensure all projects & Engineering departments have clear and detail forecast spend plans. You will provide regular financial status presentations to the Engineering Leader and liaise closely with the finance team, answering queries and reconciling purchase orders to planned spend.
In addition to the financial duties of the role, you will be expected to support the engineering department with other clerical and administrative tasks as needed.
Working in a High Technology environment where multi-discipline teams are operating in tight collaboration, you will be exposed to all aspects of the engineering lifecycle. Continuous Improvement is at the heart of our culture and everyone is encouraged to find new ways of pushing the boundaries and innovate.
Working alongside experienced colleagues, you will be encouraged and supported to reach your full potential, and have the opportunity to receive world-class training and support.
Applications from Graduate or early talent is welcome.
· Develop and maintain financial forecasts for Engineering Departments and projects
· Reconcile actual spend to planned spend
· Run & reconcile project finance reports using SAP
· Provide financial and admin support to Project and Engineering
· Communicate status to key stakeholders in a timely and professional fashion.
· Produce internal reports & presentations for assigned tasks
· Participate in the continuous improvement of our processes
· Good analytical skills
· Strong numerical skills
· Proficient understanding of and experience with Microsoft Excel
· Strong problem-solving and creative, solution-building skills.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills.
· Ability to work successfully in a team environment