A great opportunity to join and complement an existing team of technical experts based at a client site full time in York.
An exciting and innovative ICT provider that drives innovation from flexible managed services through reliable wireless networks to integrated managed network infrastructure solutions
Responsible for actively driving and managing the professional services process internally and with customers, the Professional Services Consultant plays a key role in delivering the company’s technology and product solutions and services whilst also providing effective third line technical support.
The job role:
- Technical consultancy, advising and recommending solutions with ability to up-sell consultancy
- Supporting Sales to design solutions, generating low level design and equipment configuration templates
- Technical expertise support for Pre-Sales to develop client solutions and services
- Support Pre-Sales with technical responses in a Request for Information(RFI) or a Request for Proposal(RFP)
- Developing test specification for projects
- Technical interface with relevant vendors and partners
- Ensure projects are delivered and operate as specified
- Adherence to Network Security Guidelines e.g. PCI, CLAS/PSN/N3
- Adhere to the Company’s Quality and Business Processes Risk management, Deliver a high quality, responsive, efficient and effective service both internally and to clients
- Audit in line with BSI 27001
- Support the development of network engineering team to ensure effective pre-build and installation of equipment
- Assist, mentor and support Network engineers in the development of their technical skills and experience
- Keep up with new technologies, solutions and industry trends
With proven detailed experience in designing large-scale network solutions in varying environments, the successful candidate will have extensive technical knowledge, skills and experience in:
- Technical analysis, equipment configurations and troubleshooting
- TCP/IP v4 and an understanding of TCP/IP v6
- Implementing CoS/QoS enabled IP networks to support unified communications
- Demonstrating familiarity with IP Networking technologies - routing, switching, wireless, IP telephony and general network infrastructure
- WAN and Internet connectivity methods including xDSL and leased circuit services using copper and fibre presentation
- Strong consulting and hands-on experience in Enterprise Networks (LAN/WAN/Wireless) IP Telephony, Firewall, VPN
- Storage Area Networks
- Effective use of quality control procedures
Who should apply?
Qualified to a minimum CCNP essential, CCIE desirable with relevant Cisco, HP Networking, Meraki and Ruckus Certifications and advantage. Firewall and VPN technology experience essential, with storage and virtualisation experience desirable.
Previous experience in a Professional Services Consultant role, the successful applicant will have an excellent understanding of IP networking (LAN,WAN and Wireless) and Network Security
The successful candidate will possess the following skills and attributes:
- Ability to discuss and demonstrate business benefits and value to a customer of a technical solution, often translating findings to non-technical people.
- Organised and analytical with proven ability in problem and issue resolution
- Proven ability to multi task and prioritise under pressure
- Excellent people skills with ability to develop effective working relationships internally at a variety of levels
- Excellent written, oral communication and listening skills
- A results-orientated ethos, able to apply knowledge and skills in the pursuit of sales objectives
- A flexible approach, willing to travel and 'go the extra mile' to meet client and internal deadlines
- Full drivers licence and willingness to travel