On behalf of manufacturing client in the Rochdale area we are looking to recruit an experienced Production Planner to co-ordinate and expedite the flow of work within and between departments according to daily and weekly schedules, to meet the efficient production of parts and demand from customers.
- Raises and distributes daily / weekly production schedules for the Production Department(s) by the analysis of actual and forecasted sales demand.
- To liaise with Site Supervision / Management to determine the progress of work and completion dates along with relevant inventory details.
- Analyses, prepares and distributes documentation required for production.
- Prioritises job orders for production optimisation.
- Data analysis of production performance in order to liaise with Production Management in identifying and resolving inefficiencies.
- Liaises with associated departments in order to ensure the efficient flow of materials and technical support to meet production.
- Complete status reports to identify production progress, WIP and raw material inventory.
- Full interaction with shop floor management on a daily basis to resolve issues regarding manufacturing efficiency.
- Provide additional information as requested for other non-production departments, e.g. Sales, Customer Service and Accounting.
- To engage with IT support in ongoing training and development in the use of the Company’s ERP system.
- Provide support and cover for Production Administration duties, as directed by immediate superior.
- Educated to GCSE level minimum.
- HND / Degree level advantageous.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience of working in a manufacturing environment.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience at Supervisory / Management level.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience as a Production Planner within a manufacturing environment.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience of working using an established ERP system.
Minimum of 3 years’ experience with MRP advantageous.
- Proven strong IT competency including spreadsheets and experience of using Syspro ERP systems desirable. You will be able to make an active contribution to developing the MRP/ Scheduling systems on a day to day and strategic basis.
- Demonstrate creative solutions e.g introduce changes to processes to eliminate issues from reoccurring. Providing leadership to challenge the status quo and suggest continuous improvements to the planning process.
- Experience and proven performance in a manufacturing environment Self-motivated, energetic, dependable, honest, and thorough. A team player with a can-do attitude.
- Strong analytical, organisational and communication skills.
- Ability to work accurately under pressure, multi-task and manage multiple priorities to meet internal deadlines.
- Good personal time management skills.
- A flexible approach to work times in order to ensure completion of targets.
Use logic and reasoning to identify solutions in dealing efficiently with problems.