|Job Title:||Production Planner|
|Salary:||20000 - 26000|
|Contact Name:||Kirsty Bain|
|Job Published:||10 days ago|
|TEAM Member Emailfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|TEAM Member Phone Number||01793 762026|
|Member Contact||Kirsty Bain|
|Contact Phone Number||01793 762026|
|Approximate Total Fee:|
|Split Fee Terms:|
Experience: 3- 5 years
Purpose of the role
The company’s Materials Planning Teams are responsible for the plans, schedules, and monitoring of the movement of material through the production cycle.
They determine quantity and order date for materials to meet production or engineering schedules, initiate purchase or production requisitions compliant with supply agreements, and develop the schedule to be used in the production facility based on forecasts and historical analysis.
The Team develops specifications for new contract orders as well as forecasts and plans for labour requirements. They provide timely and accurate input on supplier performance and may be asked to participate in higher level supplier performance reviews with the strategic sourcing team. They also monitor cost, schedule and scope of assigned subcontracts to assure best quality at best value.
The Production Planner / Scheduler will be responsible for devising and implementing an effective operational planning for the manufacturing cells to ensure deliveries are processed and delivered on time.
Responsibilities & Qualifications
- Create and maintain daily / weekly production schedules for the factory.
- Being the key point of contact for shift teams for schedule exceptions/queries.
- Reporting capacity constraints to senior management.
- Reporting shortages and delays rescheduling production runs to maintain a continuity of service to the lines through to the customer.
- Analyse and identify risks associated with the options built into the production plan, including manufacturing lead times.
- Coordinating with relevant stakeholders to ensure continuity of supply to production.
- Coordinating with internal stakeholders for their preferred delivery times
- Measuring KPI's such as production efficiency/productivity, OEE.
- Attend daily team meetings and factory reviews to ensure maximum schedule adherence
- Must be capable of using Excel, ideally intermediate/advance level, the jobholder will be responsible for excel databases and to plan production and schedule material requirements to support production demand.
Key skills and experience for the Production Planner / Production Scheduler applicant and not limited to:
- Proven experience as a Production Planner or within a similar planning role
- Good attention to detail, must be able to work accurately in a fast-paced environment.
- Manufacturing background is essential
- Ideally degree educated is preferred and not essential
- Intermediate / Advance Excel user
- Previous ERP system planning experience (preferably Microsoft Dynamics AX), Manufacturing Requirements Planning (MRP), Works Order Management (WO), and Inventory Management (IM).
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal