Established in 1985 my client specialise in providing world class Contract Electronics Manufacturing ( CEM ) solutions to companies operating in a variety of high reliability, high quality, function critical market sectors. Due to continued expansion they are now looking to recruit a Production Manager.
- Managing, motivating and leading a Team of operatives, identifying any training required, recruitment, holidays cover, etc. Ensuring people are utilised during production and periods of down time.
- Set and achieve targets and efficiencies in line with the production plan. Understanding and promoting urgency. Communicate effectively with the Production Planner.
- Oversee regular quality checks to ensure the product is produced and packed in line with specification and quality standards.
- Identify and propose ideas and solutions that will increase efficiency in production, cost, or time.
- Ownership of your own safety and promote safe working practices across the team and all areas.
- Carry out production line change overs, ensuring that the production line is set up ready to meet production plan, and run at maximum efficiency.
- Strong communication, organisational and people management skills
- Previous electonic manufacturing experience essential
- Practical knowledge of production equipment
- Excellent decision making and problem solving skills
- Hands on approach