- Collaborate with electrical engineers and other personnel to identify, define, and solve developmental problems.
- Assemble electrical and electronic prototypes according to engineering data and knowledge of electrical principles, using hand tools and measuring instruments.
- Provide point of contact for Supply Chain and QHSE to assist with resolution of Supplier or component issues.
- Set up and operate test equipment to evaluate performance of developmental/prototype electronic equipment, assemblies, or systems under simulated operating conditions.
- Assembly and testing of client deliverable equipment and associated installation components/accessories (i.e. wiring looms) in accordance with engineering documentation, including
- Electronics Assembly
- Mechanical Assembly
- Production Testing & Performance Verification
- Assist engineering in developing production documentation (i.e. Electrical Schematics, Wiring Schedules, Test Procedures) for new products.
- Provide technical assistance and resolution when electrical or engineering problems are encountered before, during, and after construction.
- At least five years relevant experience.
- Certification to IPC-A-610/J-STD-001 or equivalent.
Skill & Experience Required:
- Experience in production of high reliability Electronic/Electromechanical assemblies (e.g Oil & Gas, Aerospace, Nuclear, Railway, Medical)
- Skilled in producing prototype electronic assemblies in collaboration with engineering team draft documentation.
- Demonstrates experience in testing of production electronic products in accordance with engineering documentation and company standard procedures.
- Proven experience in applying sound judgement to problem solve and resolve technical issues.
- Ability to work independently with minimal support.
- Detailed knowledge of the requirements of IPC-A-610 (class 3) and/or J-STD-001 (class 3) .Fully qualified to produce/inspect electronics assemblies to the aforementioned standards.
- Proven ability in providing assistance to the engineering team in the development of assembly and test documentation, including Circuit Diagrams, Assembly Drawings and Test Procedures.
- Ability to produce documentation (e.g. circuit diagrams) based upon Engineers draft/sketches
- Proven documentation writing skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Windows, Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Understanding of Commercial awareness.
- Enthusiastic and innovative in finding solutions
- English language fluency, with strong oral and written communication skills.
- Able to work on own initiative, and as part of a team.
- Used to working under pressure and meeting deadlines.
- Operate with a high level of attention to detail.
The successful candidate must, by the start of their employment, have permission to work in the UK