Production Engineer. Our global client manufacture parts for multiple industry sectors and due to continued expansion are looking for a Production Engineer to join their team.
Production Engineer Benefits- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, 5% pension, free car parking, discretionary bonus, flexi-time
The Production Engineer will:
- Determine all manufacturing methods of new products together with the individual operational standard time.
- Produce and amend programs for all CNC machines using CAM systems and produce associated set-up sheets and tooling lists.
- Examine new machine tools, cutting tools and associated media and processes through journals, visiting other users and attending exhibitions.
- Investigate and prepare justification for capital equipment.
- Select and co-ordination of suitable sub-contract sources, with accountability for quality, price and delivery.
- Train and assist engineers and other employees such as operators and apprentices.
- Be involved in cross-functional project teams in improving the efficiency of the manufacturing process.
- Examine other activities that is services to production and to recommend changes for improved productivity.
- Lead in the introduction of new machine tools, providing support to the shop floor during the initial periods.
- Design jigs, fixtures and tooling equipment necessary for production.
Production Engineer - Skills/Experience requirements:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Working to engineering drawings at ISO 9001:2015 standards
- Demonstrable knowledge and understanding of metal cutting, turning and milling/drilling.
- Competent in programming CNC machine tools, using CAM.
- Demonstrable experience of process planning products through the manufacturing processes.
Hours of Work:37 hours per week. 8.30am to 4.30pm Mon – Thurs with half hour lunch then 8.30am to 4.00pm Friday with half hour lunch