Product Support Engineer
Reporting to the Head of Engineering, you are a member of the Engineering Development Team with personal responsibility for the sustaining and support of electronics hardware solutions for brushless dc motors, motorised impellers and their applications that meet the demands of the business.
To understand product support activity technical requirements in conjunction with both internal and external customers, to undertake the detailed electronics investigative & design activities required to introduce new & maintain existing cost effective products and to ensure that robust, reliable technical solutions are implemented and demonstrated as fit for purpose in a design-for-manufacture environment.
- To work collaboratively with the technical teams to sustain & support electronic hardware solutions, performing relevant calculations, associated simulations and tests to deliver robust, innovative designs.
- To work collaboratively with the technical teams to sustain & support analogue and digital electronic circuits in order to deliver robust, innovative technical solutions with sound theoretical basis.
- To use your skills to maintain clear, concise and accurate documentation for solutions, communicating necessary theoretical principles to technical staff.
- To understand product performance principles, identifying key specification issues and performance criteria in order to develop, demonstrate and carry out robust product functionality tests.
- To assist the business with identifying existing product or application issues and then delivering robust, proven solutions.
- To sustain and support production of the existing technology base.
Your technical ambition must be based upon providing a professional and reliable service to colleagues and customers who are directly affected by the activities in which you are engaged. Personally motivated by a desire to solve problems, you will be meticulous in your approach and confident to engage in theoretical review. Committed to a long term future with the business, you will be energised by working with employees at all levels but retain the self-sufficiency and focus to deliver cradle to grave project implementations.
Skills & Knowledge
- Minimum 2:1 relevant Honours Degree qualification with electronic circuit design experience.
- Schematic capture, simulation, PCB layout and circuit testing for product design.
- Hands-on design, testing and debugging of SMPS, power electronics and associated analogue / digital electronic hardware in an embedded controls environment.
- Organised, confident, self-motivated and capable of multi-tasking.