Based in Southampton, my client who is going through rapid expansion and is taking their sector by storm is looking for a Solutions Marketing Manager to take an integral role in developing their service proposition and creating a strong strategic marketing plan to target multiple verticals.
The Solutions Marketing person will own the positioning, packaging, pricing, and selling of a specific solution (an answer to a certain type of client question) that may include one or several of our products and other services.
- To lead the strategic positioning, integration, execution and implementation of strategic, solutions-focused initiatives and messaging for the business. The Solutions Marketing Manager identifies solutions marketing opportunities and influences cross-functional teams to align with my clients strategic goals and objectives.
- Ownership of the positioning, packaging, pricing, and selling of a specific solution (an answer to a certain type of client question) that may include one or several of our products and other services
- The Solutions Marketing Manager must drive and encompass the entire customer-facing process, ultimately involving not only sales, marketing and delivery but also product strategy, development and finance.
Existing Client and Solutions Review
- Through a review of existing clients’ requirements and current company capabilities the Solutions Marketing Manager can confirm the suitability and effectiveness of current solutions provided.
- It may be that the solutions are no more than a collection of products and hence need to be reviewed for effectiveness or indeed the solution can be enhanced to create greater value for the client.
- Solutions can be replicated across clients with similar challenges and/or within similar industry fields.
- With an in-depth knowledge of the company’s capabilities coupled with market intelligence and analysis the Solutions Marketing Manager should identify new (or groups of) clients who would benefit from the available solutions.
- As each solution will be unique to the unique challenge or challenges faced by the client there may therefore be a requirement for a varied proposition (based on a core solution) to ensure maximum effectiveness and hence value.
Creating New Solutions
- With knowledge of the company’s existing capabilities, the wider market offerings plus existing client and prospect challenges the Solutions Marketing Manager will create and recommend new solutions to address any gaps in the company offering.
- New solutions may be a combination of existing capabilities but are just as likely to required new product or service development to maintain a competitive advantage or enhance the value proposition
Messaging & Positioning
- As the target market is in multiple verticals – our target marketing and the methodology of “one size fits all” does not apply so the Solutions Marketing Manager must understand the clients’ challenges, and must proposition the company as best qualified to solve those challenges.
- All messaging and positioning in a solutions world must be completely from a client’s point of view.
Market Value Pricing & Competitor Analysis
- The Solutions Marketing Manager must build pricing models to reflect the clients pain removed and the premium products, services and behaviours the company gives to increase their ROI and intelligence to drive their businesses.
- Whilst pricing models are required – the variance in client base and vertical and service proposition can result in varied pricing from client to client and this challenge needs to be controlled and delivered to senior management in a tracked way.
- With the awareness of the competitive market the Solutions Marketing Manager needs to understand competitor offerings and where necessary protect existing clients or attack competitor offerings.
Sales Enablement & Collateral Production
- The Solutions Marketing Manager must demonstrate a true understanding of the proposition and produce collateral that can be modified dynamically to fit particular situations and a range of tools that can easily be chosen and customised by the sales person to fit particular challenges.
Key Objectives and Targeted KPIs:
- Increase productivity of organic sales through working with Clients Services teams to review and enhance solutions provided to existing clients, maximising mutual value
- Increase success rate of winning new new business through working with Business Development to identify and optimise solutions available to prospect clients, maximising mutual value
- Provide insight and influence to Product Development & Management teams supporting new product and services development to maintain market competitive advantages.
- Develop an expert knowledge and understanding of the marketplace and competitor offerings to provide and develop “protect and attack” solutions and messages
- Communicate solutions-focused strategies and messaging for defined solutions and markets to wider company teams
- Creation of message and support of internal and external marketing efforts in promotion and delivery of new solutions
- Support and influence the pricing of client solutions, working with Sales and Finance, to promote solutions to maximise market value and returns
- Development and delivery of standardised core solutions and pricing
If you feel you are up for this role - please feel to contact me on 07961 584 134 or send your CV through for an informal discussion about the company, role and directives for this position.