This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Product Manager to join a successful supply chain at a global multi-million pound industrial supplies distribution company based in Wednesbury.
This role would suit somebody who likes to communicate in a straight-forward manner (plain-speaking) and enjoys the challenge of managing suppliers to achieve strategic goals. In short, somebody who knows how to get their own way to satisfy customer needs.
Applicants should have a proven track record in product management with the ability to identify, source and launch new product categories within the MRO sector. The role will include creating and implementing product line strategy.
Essential requirements: The successful Product Manager will have:
- A proven track record in product management
- Previous experience working within distribution
- A strong customer focused mind-set to develop effective working relationships
- Ability to effectively make decisions to drive results
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong team leadership qualities to encourage new ideas and innovation
- The ability to plan strategically and achieve results.
The duties of the Product Manager are:
- To act as an ambassador for the company - promoting products, missions and values
- Form and maintain strategic relationships with key suppliers
- To act as the main point of contact for assigned suppliers
- Use market knowledge and experience to develop and implement strategic plans
- Forecast future needs of customers and manage the development of new product lines
- Ensure the product range, pricing and services remain competitive
- Create and implement sales objectives for product lines
- Assist in creating promotional material/sales initiatives
- Manage and resolve quality assurance issues
- Ensure clear product and pricing decisions for customers
- Negotiate new product supplier agreements to ensure best prices
- Participate in cross-team special projects
- Other departmental duties as required.
Salary: Up to £40,000 depending on experience
Benefits: Free car parking, 28 days holidays including Bank Holidays
Hours of Work: Full-time
This role would suit someone with previous experience as: Product Manager, Product Specialist, Product Marketing Manager
PLEASE APPLY NOW TO AVOID DISAPPOINTMENT!