Our Client is one of the World's leading filtration companies with its main aim being to 'exceed their customer's requirements'.
Our clients vision is to become world leaders in process-air cleaning equipment for industrial applications, with brands that stand as a guarantee for environmental responsibility.
The core values for the group are: Quality, Innovation, Customer-focus and Responsibility.
The group operates in more than 60 countries worldwide and offers a wide range of solutions to eliminate oil mist, oil smoke and dust from workshops in almost all industrial sectors including automotive, aerospace, oil & gas, electronics, railways, steel production, power generation and food processing.
The successful Product Design Engineer will work as part of a team to design and develop new products, from concept to commercial product, to develop existing products with the aim of maintaining/improving market share, reducing costs, and widening their scope of applications including:
New Product Development
- Developing project estimates, including time, cost and risk.
- Working with the team to clearly define the requirements of the project with particular focus on the customers' needs.
- Preparing (or managing the preparation thereof) prototypes and evaluate as required, including supporting documentation.
- Preparing technical documentation for the product, including drawings, diagrams and descriptions where required.
- Coordinating resources allocated to the project from outside R&D (E.G. Purchasing, Production and Test Engineering) to ensure that a complete package is delivered to the company's sales channels.
- Obtaining relevant certification to show compliance with applicable standards (CE Marking).
- Design & produce technical manuals for all new or updated products.
Technical Sales Support:
Working with the technical sales function, provide technical advice and guidance in the use of the company's products, including the provision of product briefings and training material for all new/updated products and services.
Support customer meetings, including visiting customer site if necessary, and provide technical input as required.
Maintain a rounded knowledge of the industry the company operates in, including attending exhibitions, visiting customers, reading journals and industry websites, keeping up to date with new developments.
Produce, update and maintain technical drawings for all group products and components as required.
Maintain the engineering change database for all manufactured products.
Produce design and manufacturing drawings for company’s manufacturing and assembly departments.
Work with the Purchasing department to provide technical advice and approval for all externally sourced products.
Produce BOM lists of parts and accompanying drawings and/or specifications for all items in order for purchasing to source products and/or raise new part numbers.
Candidate must be fully conversant with AutoCad and 3D SolidWorks modelling software.
Knowledge of extraction systems (HVAC) would be advantageous.
Experience of CE implementation.
Excellent IT skills.
Good understanding of manufacturing processes and construction methods.
Strong problem solving skills.
Excellent communication skills.
Ability to work in a team.
An appreciation of business demands.
Overseas travel may be required
Full driving licence