About the role
Responsible for International Freight procurement, this Procurement Manager will be responsible for delivering strategic development, planning and sourcing for Freight category across Ocean, Short sea, Intermodal and Air freight platforms, which drives value for money and efficiencies throughout the procurement lifecycle.
We are looking for a confident and articulate Procurement professional to join our team here, the ability to work with various stakeholders and negotiate with suppliers are key experiences required for this role. Experience in freight procurement and managing complex multi-million pound tenders is essential.
This role reports directly into the Head of Supply Chain Procurement.
You will be responsible for
Delivering high savings targets through implementation of robust sourcing events, ensuring that suppliers meet all operational requirements whilst providing best value for Tesco.
Through influence and challenge develop strong working relationships with stakeholders to support, endorse and deliver sub category plans aligned to category procurement strategies to realise business savings and support innovation.
Build and deliver sub category plans aligned to Category Plans by being innovative and collaborative with various cross functional stakeholders.
Consistently track and report on savings targets for specified sub-categories using the agreed process.
Using sound judgement build new and develop existing supplier relationships to ensure continued suitability and create greater value across the organisation.
Support the business to achieve compliance with legal, ethical and safety procurement policies with integrity and good judgment.
You will need
- Experience of managing international freight category within large scale organisation
- Procurement management and negotiation skills, experience of managing large multi-million pound sourcing events.
- Capability to lead complex large scale projects, driving innovation and best practice through others
- Cross functional working and stakeholder engagement. Strong influencing skills
- Supplier relationship and performance management
- Category Planning skills, capability to build and execute strategies
- High level of Commercial acumen
- Contract management skills
- Development of self, high standards of personal ethic
- Managing large scale organisation procurement between £30 - £50 Million pounds
- 5+ years international freight experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Member of the Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply
Place of work
- Home working, with an expectation of National Travel, to include one day per week at Head Office based in Welwyn Garden City.
- £70,000 Per annum Level:2
- Hours of work – 40
- Holidays 25 days + Bank Holidays