|Job Title:||Process Safety Engineer|
|Salary:||40000 - 45000|
|Contact Name:||Ray Gray|
|Job Published:||15 days ago|
|TEAM Member Emailfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|TEAM Member Phone Number||01440 763021|
|Member Contact||Alex Gaforg-Pinkney|
|Contact Phone Number||01440 763021|
|Approximate Total Fee:|
|Split Fee Terms:|
Process Safety Engineer
This is a 12-month contract role to lead the process safety engineering aspects for a new multimillion-pound project to redevelop a new manufacturing facility. You will be experienced in leading and performing hazard and operability studies HAZOP.
Key responsibilities for a Process Safety Engineer
As the process safety engineering leader, you will be responsible for:
- Development of detailed design compliant with the required safety level.
- Experienced in determination of safety integrity levels and its application to component selection.
- Equipment Pressure relief design and PRV sizing calculation.
- To be able to communicate process safety deign considerations to internal and external stakeholders.
- To establish by consultation with the stakeholders the requirements, scope of work and mutually agree project safety objectives.
- Liaise externally with the engineering house to develop and approve the detailed safety design.
- Escalate to management any project risks to budget or timelines in timely manner to allow remedial action to be effective.
- Adherence to agreed schedule and budget targets whilst minimising disruption to production.
- To organise and document chemical safety testing and validation of new facilities and equipment, assuring health and safety factors.
- Prepare and deliver operator training and issue operating/maintenance/user manuals to ensure the equipment can be operated and maintained efficiently and safely.
- To limit the company's liabilities, by ensuring that standards, codes of practice and statutory requirements are incorporated into all stages of the project.
- Maintains an up to date knowledge of technological advances in relevant safety legislation so that the company creates facilities safe for manufacturing its product.
- To liaise with external consultants, engineers and contractors during the project execution ensuring all work carried out by them is within the safety requirements of the overall project remit.
Process Safety Engineering Essential requirements
- Degree in chemical engineering Expected to be an expert in the application of process safety engineering in a pharmaceutical facility.
- Experience in planning, designing and programming projects utilising information technology (MS Project/Excel/CAD).
- Excellent attention to details Strong communicator and collaboratorIt would be advantageous to have (not essential):
- Experience working on engineering projects within the pharmaceutical or fine chemical industries IR35 Status