Are you an Accounts Supervisor in a large or medium sized accountancy firm looking to join a smaller firm so that you can gain more responsibility, a more varied role, and an improved work life balance? Or, are you an Accounts Assistant Manager / Audit Supervisor from a large firm and looking to upgrade to Manager level? If so, would you like to work in a friendly, independent firm where you will manage a portfolio of clients with GRF £350k and work on the firm's largest and mostly small companies (with turnovers to circa £150k)?
Our client is a high quality, independent and very modern Basingstoke-based accountancy firm which has been established for almost 20 years. As the Practice Manager working in a friendly and supportive office environment, you will be given every opportunity to learn new skills and develop your career and will be rewarded for your hard work. The firm has been winning clients from larger firms for a number of years and so can offer a client base to rival a Top 20 firm in the areas it specialises in. This exceptional opportunity is perfect for an ambitious ACA who wants to work towards becoming a partner in the future in a smaller and friendlier office environment, with a better work life balance on offer than a larger firm.
As the Practice Manager, your role will comprise:
* 80% managing client accounts and 20% tax and advisory based projects, including training and support
* Your clients will be from a wide range of sectors, many will be listed and have an international aspect and you will work with many experts in their field which will greatly improve your technical and advisory skills
* You must be a qualified ACA or ACCA with at least 2 years post qualification experience and currently be working for a large or medium sized practice firm
* You must currently be working in a practice based role, and now be looking to work for a smaller firm where you will be given more opportunities to develop your technical skills and increase your levels of responsibility
* You must be very strong technically, with FSSE accounts preparation experience, paperless systems
* You must be comfortable with a fully ‘hands on’ role
* Experience of a work flow would be an advantage but not essential
* Strong report writing skills would be advantageous
* Salary 30 - 40k pa
* 20 days annual leave plus bank holidays
* Free parking onsite
* Central Basingstoke location