Our client is one of the black country’s most enterprising manufacturers. With 2 sites in the west midlands they have just purchased a 3rd site and are going from strength to strength. Now they are looking for a creative individual to take up the role as a Tool Designer working in a team of 3.
- Generating 2D General Arrangement drawings for component CAD data and plant tooling specifications provided.
- Generating 3D surface tooling data to issue for manufacture from component CAD data provided.
- Undertake 3D surface tooling data reviews and document finding and solutions for outsourced tooling.
- Comply with general quality procedure for data management control.
- Liaising with shop floor about the requirements per tool.
- Resolve any problems the shop floor may face in the production.
- Tool Repair
- Designing the prototype of the tool.
- Questioning the reliability and durability of the tool.
- Dealing with any queries or questions from shop floor staff.
- Cad Packages including Autodesk Power shape or Hexagon VIDI CAD (not essential).
- Knowledge of how the tools are made.
- Knowledge of plastic injection moulding.
- Knowledge of die casting.
- Company Pension
- Life Cover
- Private Health Care
- 33 Days Holiday per year
- Extra Service Days (Available after 5 years)