|Job Title:||Plant Engineer, Melt shop (Vacuum furnaces)|
|Salary:||42000 - 59000|
|Contact Name:||Natalie Sanders|
|Job Published:||19 days ago|
|TEAM Member Phone Number||01276 20444|
|Member Contact||Natalie Sanders|
|Contact Phone Number||01276 20444|
|Approximate Total Fee:|
|Split Fee Terms:|
Plant Engineer, Melt shop (Vacuum furnaces)– Heavy Industrial Manufacturing
£45,000 - £59,000 negotiable dependant upon experience + bonus, benefits and more….
NOTE: WE WILL CONSIDER APPLICATIONS FROM INDIVIDUALS with less experience that can progress into this role (in such circumstances, the salary will reflect the skills and experience accordingly)
Role Outline: Reporting to the Engineering Manager, you will have the responsibility for plant availability, reliability and effectiveness. This includes recognition of, and development for future improvements alongside on going and preventative maintenance requirements and the day to day management for the reliability of equipment on site.
As the Plant Engineer for the Melt Department, you will:
- Ensure that (within your section) Plant and Equipment is running safely and effectively.
- Ensure sufficient Plans are in place to ensure future Reliability of Plant
- Investigate and reduce recurring Plant issues to maximise uptime
- Analysis of Engineering based non standards
- Complete regular reviews of Preventative and Planned Maintenance
- Ensure safe working through method statements and risk assessments
- Implement Plant and process improvements
- Control and understand engineering spend
- Ensure sufficient spares to minimise downtime
- Understand and comply with Environmental and Safety legislation
- Liaise closely with Maintenance and Operations departments to maximise opportunities during Plant downtime
- Identify cost savings through Plant improvement and energy savings
- Degree/HNC in a relevant engineering discipline
- Previous experience in a heavy industrial manufacturing environment
- Ability to communicate at a technical level with peers and external subject matter experts
- Understanding/experience of hydraulic systems and pneumatic systems
- Understanding of vacuum systems
About the Salary & Benefits: £45,000 - £59,000 (negotiable dependant upon experience) - discretionary bonus (around 8% per annum) paid on individual and company performance, 26 days leave (+ 8 Bank & statutory holidays), pension (employee and employer contributions up to 8%), Private Health and Dental Care, other schemes including childcare vouchers etc. Working hours are 8.30am to 4.30pm – Monday to Friday.