On behalf of our client, a dynamic accountancy practice in East Berkshire, we are recruiting for a Payroll Manager to join the firm’s friendly team. This is an excellent practice providing high quality accounting, tax and advisory services to a range of clients, predominantly owner managed businesses in the Thames Valley.
As Payroll Manager, you will work to instil confidence and trust, ensuring that the practice’s clients are able to pay their employees on time and accurately.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Processing of complete payroll cycle and all related tasks (FPS and EPS submission, AE uploads on NEST and other pension providers)
- Supervising and supporting one member of staff
- Building relationships with clients and ensuring the smooth running of processes and accuracy through regular communication and cooperation
- Setting up and agreeing payroll schedules with clients
- Liaising with other department within the practice as necessary
- Reviewing and where possible, streamlining the payroll process
- Keeping up to date with changes in legislation to provide support and training to the internal team and clients
This role requires a diligent and focused person who is hard working and capable of taking responsibility for the entire payroll function for the clients of the practice, adding real value.
The Payroll Manager will have the following skills and attributes:
- A positive, confident, ‘can do’ attitude with an acute attention to detail
- Previous experience of a similar role within a practice environment
- Good at managing deadlines and prioritising workload
- Able to take the lead using great organisation skills and work well within a team
- Respect for confidential information
- Able to adapt to new technology and be IT savvy to utilise cloud platforms in a paperless ‘office’
- Have excellent communication skills
- Be confident with MS Office Suite and IRIS Payroll Professional
This is a fantastic firm and the Payroll Manager will receive a competitive salary plus bonus and excellent benefits, enjoy a supportive working environment and have the opportunity to thrive within this forward-thinking, friendly practice.
Submit your CV for this role