This is an excellent opportunity for a Payroll Administrator to join a market-leading, global HR services provider based in Hemel Hempstead, which is dedicated to their clients and strives for excellence and innovation. The company offers a modern working environment, attractive salary and flexible benefits package, plus structured training and on-going personal development.
This role would suit somebody who has previous experience in payroll processes and policies. Working as part of a busy team, Payroll Administrator applicants should have excellent communication skills with the ability to work under pressure and a good attention to detail.
Essential requirements: The successful Payroll Administrator will have:
In depth knowledge of payroll policies and processes
Previous experience in a telephone-based customer service environment
Good analytical skills – to be able to break down a problem, situation or process into its component parts, to separate the main issues from side-issues, to understand the nature of parts and their relationship to one another.
Good communication skills and be customer oriented - to be able to identify and understand the customer's needs.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Good computer skills.
Be well organized and planned, schedules time effectively and uses efficient work methods and tools
Good attention to detail in all aspects of the job to ensure accuracy.
The ability to work with colleagues to achieve common targets and objectives and to provide actively help to other team members.
A focus on quality.
The duties of the Payroll Administrator are:
- Respond to customer requests, queries and complaints by telephone and email
- Ensure data is received timely and in the right format to complete payrolls to agreed deadlines.
- To prioritise and actions daily tasks to be accomplished to meet SLA.
- Completing own payroll processing cycle for allocated customer
- Calculating, preparing and transmitting manual payments and third party disbursements.
- To run sample payrolls to ensure quality and resolve errors or deviations.
- Liaison with other areas of the business, including off shore colleagues to meet and enhance payroll delivery.
- Providing statistics for chargeable work to enable effective invoicing.
- Controlling reconciliation processes for own customer’s third party accounts.
- Identify and act on issues which would impact delivery of SLA.
- Review and update customer procedures and processes as required.
- Record customer enquiries and deal with as appropriate.
Salary: £20,000 - £24,000 depending on experience plus flexible benefits package
Benefits: Free car parking, 28 days holidays including Bank Holidays
This role would suit someone with previous experience as: Payroll Administrator, Payroll Clerk, Senior Payroll, Payroll Manager.