This is an excellent opportunity to join an established, progressive and expanding firm of Chartered Accountants as a Payroll Administrator. The role will suit an experienced payroll professional with the ability to juggle a number of separate payrolls and who loves interacting with customers. Somebody who enjoys working within a friendly team and likes the challenge offered by high volumes and deadlines would thrive in this organisation.
The ideal candidate will have previous payroll experience within either a practice or payroll bureau, be able to demonstrate handling a high volume of separate payrolls, and deliver excellent customer service.
Based in Tamworth, the hours are 9 - 5 Monday to Friday, with an hour for lunch. A competitive salary of £19K- £25K per annum is offered and there are great opportunities for progression and development.
The role will include:
- Input & import of payroll data
- setting up new starters
- calculating payments
- running reports
- printing / uploading payslips and submitting RTI data to HMRC
- Processing payments to client employees via BACS
- Speaking with customers on the phone and/or face to face and with the ability to field calls and deal with any possible issues
- Liaise with internal departments, external offices, Partners/Directors, Managers and Payroll Supervisor
- Applying ad-hoc payments and/or deductions such as statutory payments, salary sacrifice and stock option calculations
- A number of years Payroll experience
- Experience of Payroll software (STAR knowledge preferred but not essential)
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of Auto Enrolment
- Understanding of all Statutory Payments including Shared Parental pay and leave.
Would suit: Payroll Clerk; Payroll Assistant; Payroll Administrator; Payroll Supervisor. Please apply now to avoid disappointment.