A fantastic opening has arisen for a Part Time Caretaker to join a well-established organisation based in Birmingham City Centre. If you are looking for the opportunity to work part-time, then this is the perfect role for you!
Hours of work are 2.30pm to 6.30pm Monday to Friday, working 20 hours per week. Flexibility is required with the working hours.
As the Part Time Caretaker you will be joining a non-profit organisation. My client is currently looking to recruit a new employee to join their team on a permanent basis.
As a Caretaker, your duties will be:
* Taking all reasonable steps to minimise loss or damage to the premises, including setting the alarm and conducting site walks to check that doors and windows are properly secured and lights are turned off
* Ensuring the efficient functioning of heating, lighting and plumbing through regular checks and attend to simple repairs
* Sourcing and agreeing contractors such as lift engineers, waste collection team, electricians, plumbers and maintenance contractors, and supervise to ensure work is carried out to expected standards
* Reporting any need for more extensive work or repair to the Chairman and instruct/supervise appropriate outside contractors.
As a Caretaker, you will have:
* Previous experience within a similar role
* Understanding of safe working practices and Health and Safety legislation
* You may have experience of working as one of the following: Handyperson, Facilities Assistant, School Caretaker, Engineer, Cleaner, Building Service Manager, Premises Manager or Property Manager.
Your salary will be circa £17,500 per annum pro rata, the hourly pay rate is £9.00 per hour.
Alongside this, you will receive fantastic benefits such as:
* BHSF Package
* Childcare Vouchers
* Pension Scheme