Our client is a charismatic, AWARD-WINNING firm of business-focused chartered accountants.
We’re are helping to recruit a forward-thinking, competent Accountant to join their already thriving and highly successful team. You must be business-focused, manage your own workflow and assist in training team members.
This is an Accountancy firm with a difference. They are not number crunchers. Their guiding principle is to ensure success for their clients – and everyone they work with, so you would be instrumental in providing a comprehensive range of business support services alongside a robust accounting package.
The benefits of working with our client are:
· Working for a multi-award-winning firm
· A solid progression plan (four team members have been promoted to Directors)
· Quarterly awards for top branding performers
· Excellent holiday package
· Optical benefits
· Competitive maternity package
The fun of working with us
· Annual team day trips
· Dress down Fridays
· Team lunches
· Office games (pool table, table tennis)
Responsibilities and duties
• Preparing and submitting Company Accounts and Corporation Tax Returns from client source documents to final financial statements.
• Preparing Sole Trader Accounts and Personal Tax Returns.
• Facilitating client meetings to discuss year-end accounts and future business prospects.
• Looking after and maintaining your own client portfolio.
• Creating and maintaining fruitful relationships with clients.
• Identifying opportunities to systemise clients’ bookkeeping functions, remove inefficiencies, and provide software training if necessary.
• Assisting the team with resolving queries from clients.
• Welcoming new clients on board and identifying and advising on appropriate company structure to suit each client’s needs.
• Liaising with HMRC and other professional organisations.
• Finding new ways to improve and ensure our internal culture and standards are upheld, and regularly promoting our brand values across the team and the business.
• Keeping up to date with changes in legislation that will impact our work and the services we provide to clients.
• Undertaking ad hoc specialist assignments as and when they arise.
• Ability to train and guide junior accountants in their role.
• Planning your work efficiently and effectively to meet targets and deadlines.
Skills and qualifications required
• Part qualified ACA or ACCA
• Accountancy practice experience
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability to work independently
• Ability to train and mentor team members
• Attention to detail, excellent time management and good organisational skills
• Understanding of key accounting concepts
• Ability to make decisions independently
· Knowledge of Iris Accounts production, business tax and practice management software and Xero
Personal qualities required
• Desire to learn and progress
• Commercial awareness
• Positive attitude
• Ability to handle pressure and meet deadlines
Location: Woodford Green, Essex
Hours: 9am – 5pm Monday to Friday
How to apply In the first instance, please send your CV to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org