JOB TITLE: Paralegal
LOCATION: Oxford office
HOURS OF WORK: 35 hours
MANAGERIAL ACCOUNTABILITY & PROFESSIONAL ACCOUNTABILITY: Reporting to Head of Family and Board
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE POST: To be a key member of the Family Team and to assist with the ever increasing family
Key tasks and duties:
- Undertake certain elements of fee earning work under supervision. In particular:
- File creation
- Generation of suitable client care correspondence
- Completion of client questionnaires;
- Drafting of petition/court documentation
- Attendance at routine directions/interlocutory hearings.
- The jobholder is not designated as a matter handler for file review purposes and does not therefore have her/his own file caseload.
- Deal, wherever possible, with routine client enquiries and communications.
- Co-ordination of the key dates reminder system as outlined in the office manual.
- Assisting with routine team administration tasks such as filing, copying, archiving and other duties as the team requires.
Apitude and Skills:
● Attention to detail and pride in presentation
● Positive, optimistic and hardworking
● Problem-solver with can-do attitude
● Passion for delivering high quality client care and desire to go the extra mile
● Ability to adapt to different styles of working to suit different types of client
● Keen to get involved in all aspects of business development
● A team player with desire to help colleagues
● Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
● Flexibility and ability to embrace change
● Ability to see the bigger picture and suggest creative, practical solutions to issues
● Thinks commercially
● Good presentation skills and keen to get involved with presenting seminars and
● Keen to assist with writing articles for legal publications and newsletters
With over 225 years of providing legal advice, you can be confident you're getting Advice
for Life, at every stage of yours. Whether you're buying a house, taking on a franchise,
preparing a prenuptial agreement or making a Will, our specialist lawyers can help you
in all your legal requirements.
Our highly skilled team of solicitors use their knowledge and expertise to develop
excellent and long-lasting relationships of trust with our clients. Experience has shown
that what our clients really want is a hands-on, personal service from us. We are
committed to providing practical, responsive and affordable legal advice and specialise
in Private Client services (including Tax Advice), Family Law, Property, Business Services
and Civil Litigation (including employment law).
If you are looking for an opportunity to work in a friendly and professional environment
in a Law firm with prospects, then look no further!
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably
qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual
orientation or age.