As an operations solutions analyst/developer, you will be expected to work with 3rd party software developers to deliver systems solutions that meet current and future business needs for Operations. This is an excellent opportunity to join the Business Information Systems Team within the utilities sector, providing ongoing support and maintenance in response to business change.
The role will involve:
- Design, develop and / or specify new systems, software modules and enhancements, ad hoc queries and reports.
- Work with manager and colleagues to define, maintain and control the software development environment and methodology.
- Test and implement new or enhanced systems and software modules in accordance with Business Systems policies and procedures.
- Train end users on new or enhanced systems and software modules where required.
- Provide 2nd/3rd line support for the Helpdesk and Infrastructure team on reported system and application issues.
- Analyse the impact of change and coordinate change control activity.
- Liaise with nominated process owners within the business to implement change.
- Assist colleagues with the selection and configuration of 3rd party software.
- Coordinate third-party suppliers, consultants and other members of the IS team.
- Deliver on-going information systems support. This may include being part of an out of hours on call rota.
- Create and maintain up-to-date technical documentation for all systems within the scope of responsibility, to include the management of code revisions both from internally written applications and those provided externally
- Liaise closely with business users and facilitate systems user groups
The successful Operations Analyst/Developer will have the following skills:
- Maximo and EAM (Enterprise Asset Management) experience
- Knowledge of Database Platforms e.g. Oracle, SQL Server and Microsoft Windows development platform
- Significant experience in development and requirements gathering
- Excellent communication skills
In return the Operations Analyst will receive a competitive salary, 30 days holiday, generous pension contribution and healthcare.