Operations Director – Construction (Southampton – South Coast)
£80-100k (negotiable on experience), generous bonus, car/car allowance, healthcare, pension and more…..
Recognized as experts in our sector, we are a specialist construction company delivering projects of the highest quality to new and repeat customers, specializing in the delivery of bespoke environments, predominantly in the leisure sector. We have, for several years, achieved continuous and consistent growth, and through our undertaking of larger more complex projects, we continue to grow, with a target of further growth this year, well on track to succeed and exceed. We promote a positive and open culture, a high customer focus, and the desire to be the ‘best in class’ in what we do.
Reporting to the Managing Director, we are looking for an Operations Director who is comfortable in full control of our operations division, to include working alongside senior colleagues at the pre-contract stage, through to completion of each project. We seek an individual who can manage and deliver on the following remit:-
- A leader, operating as a board member developing and delivering our growth strategy
- Delivery of at least £20m+ of construction services projects profitably, and on-time
- Being ‘hands on’ through site visits to ensure each project is going according to plan in terms of remit, budget and time
- Proactively manage client relationships, our key to success is via recommendation and repeat business
- Optimise systems and processes to streamline delivery, whilst not being afraid of change – if we can do it better, we will!
- Manage compliance with all quality, health and safety and legal requirements
- Recruit, retain and manage a team of project managers, quantity surveyors and other professionals to deliver high performance (currently a team of 18, and growing). We have a low staff turnover and high employee satisfaction, we still want to improve on our retention, employee engagement and commitment to the ‘brand’
- Work with and assist the Commercial Director and his team, supporting them in securing new business via tender or negotiation
- Ambition to take the next step and be part of our company succession plan
Experience, Skills and Qualifications required by the Operations Director:
- Knowledge and experience in the construction sector
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Experience as part of a leadership team driving growth in a business
- Record of managing delivery of similar projects
- Team leadership with evidence of coaching, performance management and recruitment
- Delivery of process and service improvement
- Evidence of building customer relationships
- Effective financial planning, budget and cost management