Full-time Operations Manager required to join a busy, growing aluminium window/ door/ curtain walling manufacturer based in Merseyside.
- Always be aware of the costs on the contracts and try to save whenever possible.
- Maintain an awareness of the profitability of the department, regularly updating the Managing Director on department progress
- Taken ownership/ responsibility for the departments profit and loss, producing a monthly report for the
- Regular, consistent communication with clients, keeping them updated of any changes etc.
- Complete and send an Order Acknowledgement Document to the client once an order is received
- Complete an accurate Weekly Contract Update (WCU) document for all jobs
- Once drawing approval has been received, phone the client to book in a concrete date for install. Followed by an email to confirm.
Site Team Management
- Build an awareness of the capability of each team and allocate work that best suits their skill set.
- Maintain a good relationship with the installation teams and keep them regularly informed with work they have booked in and any changes in dates due to delays from the client or with product.
- Ensure any non-conformance are raised for any site installation issues
- Discuss and agree day rates prior to any additional works being carried out.
- Collate the installation team’s invoices monthly, and check what they are claiming against the Project Valuation Sheet. Quantify any day rates that have been invoiced. Once you have approved the invoices hand over to accounts.
Manage the Operational requirements
- Prepare for and have information ready for the weekly Installation Meetings.
- Help prioritize work for other departments, such as drawings and keep all of the different departments working towards the dates on your programme (WCU).
- Provide support to the Project Managers. They will rely on you for ad-hoc items, particularly when the department is busier.
- Manage daily running of the operations department providing ad-hoc support where necessary
- Good understanding of health & safety
- A flexible attitude to changing demands within the aluminium and auto door business
- Previous experience in an Operations Manager role
- Strong organisation and time management skills - this role will require working to customer deadlines
- Computer literate, especially with MS Office
- High attention to detail
- Excellent communications skills
- Commercial awareness and financial understanding
- A customer orientated approach to your work
- Previous experience managing and motivating a team
- Good understanding of ISO 9001 & Quality Management Systems - this role will focus on delivering high-quality products and services for clients
- Experience within the door or aluminium industry
- Excellent rates of pay
- Annual leave
- Full training & support
- Contributory pension scheme
- Competitive salary
- We are a forward-thinking, growing company established in 1997 with strong ties to the local community.
- We have a team of highly knowledgeable individuals with the experience and technical expertise to ensure we are the best at what we do!
- We strive to create a positive work environment full of happy, engaged employees who all work towards one cause. We’re all part of the same team and we work together to ensure everyone feels supported in their role, competent to complete their job and committed to providing the best level of service we can!
- We reward those who work hard to prove themselves! Many of our higher level management and board members all began their careers in other jobs and have worked their way up to the roles they have today
- We have a great reputation in our local community, working with a huge array of clients from the big to the small! We care about quality and ensuring we deliver the best service we can to our customers!
- Our state of the art manufacturing facilities and technical knowledge ensure we are competitive in our marketplace and allow us to lead the way in design and innovation!
Why choose us
- Join a successful and growing business full of innovative thinkers, team players and hard workers. We’re a thriving and dynamic company committed to employee engagement and satisfaction all round! We know our staff make the company what it is and we would be nothing without the team!
- We provide all our staff with the training they need to be able to complete their jobs including both internal (in our in-house training facility) and external training. From NVQ’s to Diplomas, Specialist Leadership and Management Courses to Specialist industry courses such as ADSA, DHF etc., We are committed to improving our employee's skills and making them into better people!
- We offer a generous holiday allowance with the chance to add an additional 3 extra days per year if you aren’t off sick the year before – plus an additional day for every year you work for the company!
- We have Payday pizza – seriously we all get dominos on the last Friday of every month – Pizza!