- Do you have experience of developing and launching premium products?
- Do you want to join one of the biggest chilled food manufacturers in the food industry?
- And in this business you are not just a number, people are everything to this business.
If so, we’d love to hear from you as our client is recruiting an NPD Manager to join their business based on the Devon / Cornwall border. This brand new role has been created due to business growth and reporting into the Head of Commercial, you will be responsible for managing the development of pastry products, from concept to launch for one of the largest “foody” retailers there is. These products are premium and this really will be your opportunity to be innovative, create and inspire.
- Co-ordinate all NPD activity from concept through to launch.
- Deliver development ahead of key competitors.
- Develop and communicate critical paths to the business to ensure products are launched on time and within budget.
- Work closely with Commercial and Marketing to ensure the smooth day to day running of your accounts as well as the long term strategy.
The Successful Candidate
- You must have experience of working in a chilled food manufacturing environment, preferably pastry but this isn’t essential.
- A proven track record of developing and launching premium products (M&S or Waitrose ideally)
- Strong leadership skills so you can manage as well as inspire your direct report.
- You will have worked in a customer facing role dealing with the major retailers, understanding their expectations and managing these in line with factory capabilities as well as business needs.
- Experience of financial control as you will be managing a budget as well as every day costings of products.
But most of all, you have to love food, be passionate about it and want to inspire everyone around you.
Job Reference: JR11122
Salary: Up to £50,000 plus benefits and relocation package.