Network Support Engineer
The client’s Engineering department develop and maintain the systems and critical infrastructure that underpins and runs our world-leading Geospatial applications. An opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic and customer-focused team player to provide technical leadership to our Network Operations team.
The network forms the underlying infrastructure for all IT services. This is vital for both the delivery of new developments and strategies enabling growth and also the day to day functioning of the business in a performant effective, reliable and importantly, secure manner.
You should share our love of technology and be able to provide technical support within the following areas:
Checkpoint firewalls, Cisco networks, F5 load balancers, CUCM, UCCX
Skills in the following would be highly advantageous:
Azure Cloud, Juniper SSL VPN, RSA Authentication, SolarWinds, Pulse Secure, Cisco ISE and Cisco Meraki
About the role:
This role has a broad reach so you must be flexible and willing to take on any task. We maintain two data centres, support a small number of remote offices and are significantly growing our presence in Microsoft Azure. Our dominant technologies are Cisco routing and switching, a Meraki wireless network, Check Point firewalls and remote services that are delivered through Pulse Secure. Load balancing, also within the Networks team remit is enabled by an F5 BigIP solution.
To maintain these the Network Operations team are responsible for the design, installation, configuration, administration and support of the hardware and software platforms that provide voice, data, network security and cloud services.
Working with Infrastructure Architects you will develop and implement forward roadmaps for the systems within your remit and in the next year, we have the exciting opportunity to redesign the core network at our HQ.
In addition to excellent technical skills, you will take ownership of issues and have the drive to deliver results to the highest standard. We strive to improve the quality of what we do, and you will be expected to identify improvements to services, infrastructure or processes to enhance our offering.
What we’re looking for:
Want to be part of our team? We’re looking for an individual that can demonstrate technical skills across network technologies and the ability to show skills within:
• Designing, building, supporting and troubleshooting Cisco networks and Checkpoint firewalls
• Providing support on F5 BigIP Load Balancers and Cisco Voice
• Qualified to CCNP level
• Prioritising tasks, delivering to deadlines and problem-solving skills
• Conducting coding, scripting, automation/software defined networking (desirable)
• Must be willing to do occasional weekend and evening overtime and be prepared to join a 24/7 on-call rota (approximately 1 week in 4) if requested to
• Hold a full driving license, as the role may involve occasional travel
We want you to love what you do. That’s why our benefits package rewards a job well done. We’ll give you:
• Salary: £36,000-£40,000 (dependent on experience)
• Performance-related bonus
• Competitive pension
• 37 hour working week
• 25 days annual leave – plus bank holidays and an extra 3 over Christmas
• Training and development – We offer in-house training, a variety of masterclasses, bespoke training, study leave, access to learning resources and professional membership subscriptions
• A wide range of additional benefits including free parking, paid volunteer day, support with health and wellbeing, sports and social activities, staff discount on over 500 national stores and more
We're passionate about the four core values that make up our organisation: we're adventurous, incisive, restless and true.
• Adventurous: New technology and new markets mean that location data opens more opportunities than ever before
• Incisive: We find simple solutions to complex problems, always looking for clarity and imaginative connections
• Restless: We recognise our work for our customers is never done
• True: We give our customers precise and productive solutions to their location problems
Closing date: Sunday 27th October 2019