The role is responsible for analysing and translating business needs into processes, designs and solutions that balance the need with global technology strategies. This role will set and influence strategy and technology choices across all IT disciplines, provide technical leadership with the organisation and offers the chance to be an integral part of a growing team delivering global standards to the European arm of a highly successful U.S.-based company.
Collaborating directly with technology owners, external partner vendors and interacting with the end user community, the successful candidate will be responsible for translating global standards into local solutions through the use of in country technologies and provider services. The Network Architect will provide technical leadership to the project teams, engineers, other architects, and help to plan technical activities for projects. The role has responsibility for assisting with the development of strategic planning for the team as well as focusing on operational and tactical activities. The Network Architect will act as a technology leader within the team, provide escalation assistance in the event of technology performance issues and recommend potential solutions.
Strong leadership, organisational, communication and customer service skills are vital as the candidate will be involved with multiple efforts and escalations simultaneously. The successful candidate will be highly process orientated.
As the Network Architect, your responsibilities will include:
· Providing technical leadership within the organisation;
· Partnering closely with the European and Global IT teams to form global and pan-European strategies around IT solutions design and delivery;
· Analysing and translating business needs into processes, designs and solutions;
· Conducting network architecture design, feasibility, and cost studies for solutions;
· Passionate about working with the business to set and influence strategy and technology choices across all IT disciplines.
The successful Network Architect will have the following skills and experience:
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent and / or equivalent combination of education / experience;
· CCIE certification or equivalent qualification;
· Previous experience with network design and operational management of IT infrastructure environments;
· Demonstrated time management and organisational skills;
· French, German and / or Spanish speaking is a bonus.