Info for anyone wanting to work on this role: This client is an American owned business with a multi-million dollar turnover. Their European office is based in Nottinghamshire - The Sales Director and Sales Support work from here. The Sales Director is now wanting to grow the European side of the business. Current accounts include Lakeland, Amazon and Betterware. They sell all aspects of homewares, giftware, healthcare products (imagine what you see in a Betterware catalogue and you get the picture!) So, if you have anyone who has sold into accounts such as Lakeland or any type of retailer then let me know. Its a really great role for the right person - client would look at someone less senior on their way up but also someone at the higher end.
This is an awesome oppoortunity to join a global business who are really going places. The role will be home based with travel to customers up and down the country.
You will be responsible for the development and performance of all sales activities in multiple channels of distribution. Providing leadership towards achieving sales growth and profitability in line with company vision and values. Establishing plans and strategies to expand customer base in the market.
- Develops a business plan and sales strategy for select national and regional accounts that ensures attainment of company sales goals and profitability.
- Contributes to optimizing the performance and development of the sales support staff.
- Initiates and coordinates development of action plans to penetrate new markets.
- Assists in the development and implementation of marketing plans as needed.
- Provides timely feedback to senior management regarding performance.
- Strives to maintain maximum profit margin.
- Maintains accurate records of all pricings, sales, and activity reports.
- Provides direction to sales support staff with respect to preparation of proposals and presentations.
- Frequently meets with customers to present product and program proposals.
- Controls expenses to meet budget guidelines.
- Adheres to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes.
- 5-10 years of experience in sales and experience of dealing with Retail Buyers.
- Strong understanding of customer and market dynamics and requirements.
- Willingness to travel to meet with customers and attend trade shows.
- Proven leadership and ability to drive sales teams.