As a market leader in our field and a massive investment in the company in recent years, we are keen to recruit an electrically biased maintenance engineer. We are based within easy access of the M65 motorway, free parking and a canteen. After heavy investment, you will be working in a state of the art facility, with modern machinery. Not only that as they want to head the market and retain their key staff, there is heavy investment in training and development. Ideally you will have knowledge of Siemens Plc’s or good knowledge of Plc’s, use to a FMCG environment. This is a 3 x rotating shift position, ideally you will be used to working shifts or continental shifts. Other areas of knowledge would be AC/DC invertors, 3 phase and knowledge of robotics would be helpful.
As the Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer you will be:
- Carrying out preventative maintenance on all production based equipment and constantly looking at opportunities to improve their effectiveness.
- Providing a fast and efficient reactive breakdown repair service to ensure production targets are met.
- To conduct analysis of manufacturing and processing equipment and report issues or potential failures.
- Maintaining records, documentation and organisation of data.
- Taking responsibility for all the maintenance activities during night shifts, assisting the production team leaders in prioritising work.
- Supporting the project engineering team in installing and validating new production equipment and taking responsibility for them on handover to production.
- Upgrading control systems, identifying obsolete systems and investigating new technologies.
As the Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer you will have:
- Experience working in a production based maintenance environment for a minimum of 3 years.
- Experience working with a wide range of automatic production equipment.
- Working knowledge of health & safety legislation and safety requirements in the workplace.
- Practical knowledge of PLC’s, Servo drives and inverters (Siemens and Mitsubishi preferable)
- Knowledge of Mechanical systems is advantageous.
- Working knowledge of pneumatic systems including the ability for component selection for new applications and improvements.
Education/Skills of the Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer:
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-motivated with enthusiasm and drive
- The ability to work under own initiative
- Sound process thinker with structured problem solving experience
- Qualified to a minimum of Higher National Certificate level in an electrical discipline.
- Served a recognised maintenance apprenticeship in a relevant discipline, NVQ level 3 or equivalent.
- 17th Edition wiring regulations.
- 2391 or 2395 Electrical Inspection and Testing preferable
The post holder will normally work a rotating 3 shift system (6.00 – 14.00, 14.00 – 22.00, 22.00 – 6.00) Monday to Friday with some extra hours required to support operations. Salary between 35/39K depending on experience. Other benefits beside paid lunch breaks, there is a company pension, with 4% employee contribution and 8% company contribution, plus a profit related bonus. On reading this vacancy, hopefully you can see what a forward thinking company they are and how they value their employees. Why not press the apply button now and start the process for a great opportunity in 2019. Or if not for you, perhaps make a friend aware of the role.