Plant Fitter/Mechanic – Sawston, Permanent Circa £30,000
Our client based in Sawston have been trading for over 30 years. They pride themselves on providing Quality and Service to their customers, these being the heart of their core values.
They are currently looking for a new Plant Fitter/Mechanic to join their team, reporting to the Transport manager. This standalone role will be responsible for all aspects of day to day running of the company’s mobile plant, ensuring existing plant and equipment is maintained and repaired to a safe and efficient standard, whilst complying with company Health & Safety and Quality Systems.
- Routine maintenance and repair of all company plant equipment (Heavy plant – Dozers, 360 Excavators, Dumpers, loading shovel, crushers and screeners etc.)
- Contribute towards effective “preventive maintenance”
- Ensure paperwork is on time, legible and completed daily – Job sheets and Inspection documentation etc.
- Use effective time management skills and plan workload effectively
- Manage warranty claims where appropriate
- Ensure workshop facilities, equipment and tools are kept clean, tidy and maintained
- Communicate accurately with management team as to work in progress and any anticipated delays or issues
- Ensure that knowledge is in line with modern technologies and developments applicable to the role
- To assist when necessary with the maintenance of general HGV defects e.g. tyre changing etc.
- Ensure Health & Safety is adhered to and safe working practices followed at all times wearing appropriate PPE as required
- Fully understand all risk assessments and complete Point of Work Assessment prior to starting any work where appropriate
- Implement adequate control measures, in line with company SHEQ standards, policies and procedures enabling a reduction and minimising of waste, etc.
- To communicate effectively and work as part of the team
- Recognised 3 year structured mechanical apprenticeship or equivalent
- Qualified to a minimum ONC Mechanical Engineering (vehicle/plant)
- Proven experience of repairs and maintenance to mobile and fixed plant
- Health & Safety knowledge
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Good communication skills
- Car Licence
- Experience of forklifts, heavy plant, crushers, screeners, excavators, dumpers etc.
If possible the ideal candidate with also hold a CSCS or CPCS card as well. The role involves some lone working so someone who is self-motivated and has a comprehensive understanding of the operations of mechanical mobile and fixed plant is essential.
The hours of work will be predominantly Monday to Friday, 7am to 6pm, with Saturday mornings dependant on operational need.
If you think that this is the role for you then we want to hear from, please call Clare on 01440 763021 or email your CV in word to Clare@1ststoprecruitment.co.uk