**OUR CLIENT HAS ASKED NOT TO DISPLAY SALARIES ON ANY JOB BOARDS**
Our client based in Towcester is looking for a full time Mil/Aero Field Application Engineer to join their team. The primary role will to provide pre- and post-sale technical support for the customers in various countries.
Duties include (list not exhaustive):-
- Provision of pre-sale technical support for the development and implementation of customer applications dealing with complex systems.
- Promotion of ABACO Mil/Aero products and solutions through road shows, seminars, Trade Shows, white papers and exhibitions.
- Occasional work through all phases of customer interaction including customer analysis, design implementation and product manufacturing including long term support.
- Assistance in assessing potential application of company products to meet customer needs and preparing detailed product specifications.
- Technical responsibility for pre- and/ or post-sales support of company products/systems.
- Implementation of detailed customer installation plans and some product training.
- Provision of a follow-up support in disseminating technical information on specific applications.
- Contributions to business intelligence
The ideal candidate will have an Engineering degree or equivalent and demonstrable practical experience in the Mil/Aero Embedded Systems industry. Strong Technical/Practical background in the Embedded systems industry, spanning open architecture computer platforms, including but not limited to VME, VPX, CPCI, PCIe, Networking, Graphics, Signal Processing, PowerPC and Intel architectures is desired.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a company that delivers high performance rugged embedded computing solutions, based on industry standards and open architectures, to mission-critical applications in defence, aerospace and industry around the world.