Metallurgist - Extrusion Technologist
Circa £33-£35k (negotiable dependent on experience) + benefits
The extrusion technologist role will provide first line technical support to the Extrusion Department to include daily development and preparation of extrusion procedures, problem solving and quality issues and process development.
- The resolution / improvement / control of issues associated with material quality and yield, operational processes and productivity related developments
- Ensure quality and yield performance on operations and processes
- Take action to resolve problems affecting the achievement of established standards
- Develop regular and ad-hoc monitoring systems to give the earliest possible warning of potential problems
- Identify working practices that cause adverse yield or quality. Take immediate action to remedy unplanned deviations
- Carry out investigations aimed at making changes to existing procedures, routes or starting stocks with a view to improving yield, quality or productivity or reducing costs
- Undertake improvement of products / processes of a special or critical nature
APPLICANT MINIUMUM REQUIREMENTS
- Degree in relevant discipline e.g. Engineering/Manufacturing/Materials Science/Metallurgy
- Hands on experience/knowledge of extrusion desirable
- Experience in high temperature processing of metal alloys
PACKAGE: £33,000 - £35,000 (negotiable dependent upon experience), quarterly bonuses + pension scheme, life insurance, 33 days annual leave (including bank holidays). Employer of choice with outstanding prospects.