Our client, a hugely successful multisite food processor, are looking for an experienced Mechanically biased Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer to join the small Engineering team at their site near Bridlington.
Reporting to the Site Engineering Manager, the Mechanical Engineer will work closely with the production team (and other members of the engineering team) to ensure that machinery downtime is kept to a minimum and that all preventative maintenance is conducted in advance to avoid production disruption. There is a wide range of equipment across the site including conveyors, packing machines, tracks, railing systems, racking systems, meat processing equipment.
- You will be qualified to NVQ level 3 (or equivalent, ONC Mechanical Engineering / ONC Electrical Engineering, BTEC level 3 in Mechanical & Electrical / Electronic Engineering)
- Ideally, IEE qualification up to 17th edition Wiring Regulations
- Have a proven track record as a Mechanical Engineer in an FMCG environment (Ideally Food Industry)
- Have a good understanding of Health & Safety Practices
- You will also possess excellent communication skills, demonstrate assertiveness and decision making skills and have a can do attitude to your work.
- Previous extensive experience of fabrication & welding including TIG & ARC
- Experience of PPM systems and scheduling
- Experience of Pneumatics and Hydraulics