|Job Title:||Mechanical Fitter|
|Salary:||24000 - 28000|
|Contact Name:||Tom Sharpe|
|Job Published:||6 days ago|
|TEAM Member Emailfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|TEAM Member Phone Number||01827 264 469|
|Member Contact||Deb Pettingill|
|Contact Phone Number||01827 264 469|
|Approximate Total Fee:|
|Split Fee Terms:|
- The purpose of this role is to perform miscellaneous operations involving dismantling, inspecting, repairing, reassembling, installing and aligning electrical rotating equipment.
- Solid understanding of motor and Generator theory.
- Dismantle, reassemble and installation of AC/DC motors and associated equipment including gearboxes.
- Attending on site to remove and install AC/DC motors and associated equipment.
- Inspection of electro-mechanical equipment for damage and evidence of electrical malfunctions.
- Document all relevant data specific to unit’s electro-magnetic characteristics.
- Dismantle and / or strip damaged or unserviceable electro-mechanical equipment.
- Operate specialised repair and testing equipment, bake ovens, grinders, cranes, forklift trucks, brazing units, dip tanks and various handheld power and non-power tools.
- Complete required paperwork for each job accurately and on a timely basis.
- Ensure you adhere to Health and Safety responsibilities at all times, including following all appropriate procedures and using the appropriate procedures and using the appropriate protective equipment.
- Ensure that risks and hazards in activities undertaken in the role are acknowledged and conducted in accordance with processes, procedure and measures in place to mitigate risks.
Relevant contacts in relation to Key Responsibilities:
Internal: Workshop manager and PM
External: Customers on site.
Objectives & Measurement:
- Skills Matrix, HSE, contractual compliance, customer satisfaction feedback.
Person Specification – Qualifications:
- Five years’ experience working in electrical/mechanical repair shop environment.
- Formal recognized apprenticeship in engineering
Person Specification – Skills & Knowledge:
- Good communication skills
- An ability to communicate well with team at all levels to discuss, liaise and negotiate work related tasks effectively
- Good customer service skills
Person Specification – Experience
- Excellent communication skills in person and in writing.
- A can do and flexible approach, willing to apply and adapt to different circumstances.
Person Specification – General Requirements
- An ability to influence and motivate.
- An ability to handle challenging situations.