Permanent opportunity for a Mechanical Fitter based in Basingstoke, circa 30k per annum & fantastic progression opportunities…
This is a leading manufacturing company and a well-known name within their specialist industry. Based in Basingstoke but deliver worldwide this is a family run company with their employee’s best interests at heart, proven by their desire to promote within.
With no two days the same, this company is looking for a self-motivated Mechanical Fitter to join their team of highly skilled specialists. Tasks will include but not limited to;
- Mechanical assembly of building equipment e.g. fitting bearings and seals onto shafts.
- Assembly of smaller precision mechanical diesets
- Reading and understanding engineering drawings
- Inspect precision parts
- Mechanical Engineering apprenticeship favourable
- Ability to read and interpret technical engineering drawings
- Strong attention to detail
- Basic knowledge of machining (lathes or mill) and ability to mill, turn or grind parts
- Assembly of pneumatic, hydraulic and machine lubrication systems, advantageous
Situated in Basingstoke this company is only a short bus ride from Basingstoke train station with a dedicated and free bus service. Easily accessible via car and quick access from the M3, plenty of parking available
WHY SHOULD YOU APPLY?
- Annual salary of £29k per annum
- Working hours Monday to Thursday 8:30am – 4:30pm and Friday 8:30am – 3:30pm,
- 21 days holiday entitlement
- Paid Christmas shutdown
- Auto Enrolment Pension Scheme with generous company bonus paid into pension annually (subject to profits)
- Free onsite parking
HOW DO YOU APPLY?
In the first instance please call us on 01256 334575 and speak to one of our friendly team. Alternatively please complete the application form however, if you have not heard from a Consultant within 5 days please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.