You will be responsible for:
- Accurately quantify materials, plant and labour requirements for allocated projects.
- Ensure that for pre-designed projects, enquiries relative to the supply of materials, plant and labour are satisfactorily dealt with and that relevant information, contractual and trading particulars are distributed.
- Attend and contribute at tender stage/strategy design innovation meetings.
- Undertake the assessment of tender bids.
- Prepare estimate by hand or utilising computer aided systems including input of data, ensuring that appraisal procedures are adhered to throughout.
- Produce summary sheet and associated documents and presentation of the package for tender adjudication to meet deadlines.
- Prepare client documentation on completion of tender, including production of associated correspondences.
- Prepare post-tender reports.
- Prepare files to laid-down standards.
- Attend and contribute to mid and post-tender interviews.
- In relation to preparation of tenders, attend site surveys and liaise with other departments, suppliers and subcontractors to tender submission stage.
- Negotiate lowest prices with suppliers and subcontractors.
- Undertake any other duties as requested from time to time that fall within the scope of the position.
To be considered for this exciting Mechanical Estimator role, you will need the following:
- Mechanical estimating experience in a building services environment
- High level of accuracy and commercial acumen
- Quality of estimating proposals
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Conversant with use of Microsoft Office
- Conversant with use of Estimation Software (Trimble, other)
- Ability to utilise AutoCAD
As a well established growing company, the role of Mechanical Estimator is an integral part of the company and its continued growth and expansions plans.
You will be working for a market leading provider of Mechanical & Electrical Services supporting some of the countries largest organisations across the retail, commercial, industrial, and public sectors. Offering a complete building services package, from design and manufacturing, to project management and installation, and fully comprehensive service and maintenance.
Located in Bristol with offices nationally and across Europe, you will be working for a company with extensive capability of delivering cutting-edge projects and providing advanced technology energy efficiency solutions.
You will receive a basic salary of £45,000. The company also offer car/car allowance, pension and additional benefits.