Mechanical Design Engineer
£33,000 - £45,000 Per Annum
Our client have got a fantastic opportunity for a Mechanical Design Engineer to join their growing team near Oxford!
- Produce 3D-CAD models of designs and supporting design documentation.
- Produce component design drawings for manufacture.
- Produce assembly drawings and build documentation.
- Manage and implement Engineering Change requests.
- Identify opportunities and implement changes to improve products or reduce costs using knowledge of the product and customer requirements, fabrication processes, assembly methods and product design.
- Work closely with the Director of Operations to liaise with existing and new suppliers on all aspects of manufacturing, manufacturing improvements and cost reduction.
- Design, install and assist with the maintenance of in-house test equipment.
- Help to identify and resolve product and process related issues with corrective and preventative actions.
- Manage Bills of Materials for new and existing products within the Sage Production system.
- Create and maintain process and operating procedures and work instructions for new and existing products.
- Work with the other members of the Development team on maintaining the Parts database.
- Lead Engineering Change and product engineering meetings and produce timely and accurate information, proposals and recommendations.
- Coach and mentor production technicians on new products and production processes.
Our client is looking for someone with:
- A degree level or equivalent Mechanical or design engineering qualification.
- 3D CAD modelling experience.
- Good practical and mechanical skills, engineering and process knowledge.
- An understanding of Bill of Material and product structure.
- Experience testing and experimenting with prototypes.
- Experience of working within a high-tech multi-disciplined environment.
- Good knowledge of GD&T
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- The ability to work alone as well as part of a team.