We currently have 2 positions for a Mechanical Design Engineer; both in the Christchurch area. One is paying £25 - £30k, the other is a Senior Mechanical Design Engineer paying around £40 - 60k depending on experience.
Candidates for both positions need to be degree qualified and have experience as a Mechanical Design Engineer.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Generating technical proposals, planning and estimation of mechanical work packages
- Adapting existing designs to suit customer requirements
- Delivering projects with a customer focus
- Designing and detailing doors and structures
- Producing arrangement and fabrication drawings
- Producing parts lists, bolt lists and assembly drawing
- Detailing, designing and developing products using 3D CAD
- Using stress and thermal calculations
- Preparing and reviewing manufacturing documentation packages
- Developing test plans
- Using Radan 2D for legacy work and Solidworks 3D for design work
- Ordering materials
- Attending contract launch meetings
This is a combined list of duties for both roles so experience of all points above is not essential.
For the senior level role, candidates must have 5+ years work experience; experience of managing people would be extremely advantageous.
If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to get in touch.