Salary - £36,400pa - £39,000pa
Location - Inverness, Peterhead, Aberdeen, Orkney
Hours – 50 hours 5am to 3pm – 3pm to 1am Monday – Sunday
Benefits – Holiday 33days – Pension 5% contribution – Free Travel on Stagecoach Buses.
A rare vacancy has arisen for a locally based experienced PSV Technician to work within our mechanical team.
You will need to be a hardworking individual who is able to multi skill within an engineering environment. Preferably you will have experience of the bus and coach industry but a background in heavy goods will also be considered. The successful applicant will be someone that takes pride in their work, willing to learn, works safely, looks out for his/her colleagues’ safety and believes in doing things right first time.
Shifts will be variable including weekends and for the right candidate there is a generous competitive remuneration package which could include the use of a company vehicle. A PSV licence is preferred but not essential.
Requirements of the role:
To diagnose vehicle faults and specify the correct method of repair and parts to be used within defined quality standards and within the most cost-effective manner.
- To carry out vehicle servicing in accordance with manufacturers specification
- Carry out routine vehicle inspections
- Record all work using paper based or electronic systems.
- Prepare and present vehicles for MOT
- To ensure all parts are correctly ordered and booked out.
- To attend on-road vehicle breakdowns
- To carry out vehicle road testing where required.
- To ensure the working environment is safe at all times and to carry out all duties in a safe and conscientious manner.
- Fault finding, and carrying out repairs
- Undertaking Vehicle maintenance, servicing and running repairs on a varied fleet
- Ensure vehicles are maintained in accordance with the Company Operators Licence guidelines
- Ensure all repairs to company vehicles are carried out in a timely manner
- Preventative Maintenance
- Prompt repair of all defective vehicles to the highest standard
- Comply with all Health and Safety Policies and Procedure.