*Re-location package available but not to be advertised*
Our client, a global leader in personal protection and situational awareness solutions for defense forces, emergency responders, and industrial personnel operating in high performance environments are sourcing a Manufacturing Engineer to join their team in Stranraer.
Reporting to the Senior Manufacturing Engineer, the successful Engineer will ensure the smooth transition of design concept through to production. This will include the use of recognised Manufacturing Engineering techniques to maximise efficiency throughout the process.
Responsibilities will include:
- Reviewing existing product design for improved manufacturing efficiency
- Contributing to configuration management
- Carrying out cost benefit analysis for process improvements
- Investigating/sourcing modern and innovative materials/equipment
- Participating in continuous improvement teams
- Analysing and review design concepts to ensure manufacturing capability feeding back information to Design Engineers
- Determining the process for manufacture and assembly
- Production jig and fixture design
- Co-ordinating pre-production build of new products
- Writing work instructions and production aid documentation
- Determining and implementing process controls for production
- Supporting the NPI process of new and existing products
- Reviewing data provided by QA and production to ensure continuous improvement of process
- Assessing Supplier Capability and Process control
- Communicating lessons learned to all parties including design, quality & production
The ideal Engineer will:
- Be a qualified Engineer holding either an NHC/HND or a degree in Electro / Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering with 3 years minimum experience in a similar role.
- Be experienced using Lean/Six Sigma and Minitab or equivalent statistical software
- Have a strong understanding on manufacturing equipment and machinery
- Ability to work individually or as part of a team
- Be hands on, forward thinking with a systematic approach to projects and improvement activities
- IT literate
Due to site location and travelling to their other site in Letchworth, the successful candidate must be a driver with access to own transport. Occasionally there will be requests to travel to other UK & US sites although notice will be given in advance therefore flexibility is key.
The Manufacturing Engineer will work full-time Monday to Thursday 7.30AM – 4.30PM & Friday 7.30AM – 1PM with 1 hour unpaid break.
The Manufacturing Engineer will receive a competitive salary negotiable on experience.