A successful and well-established specialist sub-contractor based in Essex providing services within the construction sector is seeking a Managing Director – (designate) to join the team. This appointment shall facility the retirement of the current sole shareholder and aims to offer the transferring of ownership to the successful applicant within a couple of years.
A privately owned, profitable business with a T/O in the region of £3m, offering unlimited potential to an entrepreneurial individual, keen to steer the business through this exciting stage of its development. As Managing Director you will need to be extremely commercially orientated and aspires to be running the business fully within 2 years.
The role offers an extremely generous package with a guide salary of £75k + negotiable benefits package. Guide salary is negotiable for the ideal candidate. Relocation package available
Overview of Managing Director- (designate) role:-
To effectively oversee all day-to- day operational, commercial and financial activities of the business. Ensuring that the business maximises all opportunities open to it to facilitate growth and profitability. To design/ implement a cohesive plan for business development and growth, along with effectively managing and supporting employees during this time of transition.
- To be actively involved in the day to day demolition and soil remediation projects working closely with project managers and field-based staff
- To input to projects as necessary to ensure all Health & Safety and contractual obligations are met
- Controlling finance, review accounting information and manage cash flow
- To maximise potential business opportunities
- Successfully implementing company policy
- Developing strategic plans for growth and development
- Maintaining a dialogue business owner
- Building and maintaining an effective management team
- Assist team with problem resolution on projects
- Ensuring financial targets and other agreed targets as set with business owner are met in all areas of the business
- Reviewing working practices to ascertain if successful and if not, devise alternatives
- Making sure safety regulations are followed and updated
- Keeping employees motivated and organising appropriate training
- Ensuring the business operates within the company's mission statement
- Investigating customer satisfaction and reporting any issues
- Working with department managers to get the best performance from staff
- Driving the business to increase profits
Who should apply?
Ambitious Managers/ Directors seeking a fresh challenge and a role with high levels of responsibility. Those with a minimum 5 years’ experience at senior level within the construction sector, exposure to demolition and remediation projects would be beneficial.
This role would suit applicants currently in any of the following roles – Director, Operations Manager, Commercial Manager, Project Manager